RESTORE YOUR YOUTHFUL GLOW WITH DYSPORT
Forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, glabellar lines, and nasolabial folds – these are only some of the most dreaded signs of aging. They make a person look tired, grumpy, and much older than their actual age. Since anti-aging skincare products only do so much for erasing unwanted facial lines, it’s better to get a Dysport treatment for visible and long-lasting results.
So how does a Dysport injection work for wrinkle treatment? Dysport is a brand of botulinum toxin injection derived from the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It works in the same way as a Botox cosmetic injection – it erases a dynamic wrinkle in the injection site by preventing muscle contraction of the overused facial muscles.
Our highly trained injectors use medical-grade tools and the best needle techniques to deliver the right amount of Dysport for a naturally youthful look.
Dysport Pre-Procedure and Post-Procedure Instructions
Pre- Dysport Injection
- To minimize bruising avoid the following ~7 days prior to treatment:
- baby aspirin, Aleve, Motrin, multivitamins, vitamin E and D, fish oils.
- These are blood thinners and will cause you to bruise more easily.
- Note: DO NOT discontinue baby aspirin or any blood thinners prescribed by a physician before checking with THAT PHYSICIAN.
- Do not drink alcohol at least 24 hours prior to procedure (or 24 hours after injections).
Immediately after injection, there will be some raised bumps in the treated areas, and these will
resolve within 10 minutes. Occasional needle marks or small bruises can immediately be
covered with makeup.
Dysport takes 3 - 7 days to take effect. It does not reach maximum effect for
10 - 14 days. If you feel you need more than the standard dose, wait at least 10 days
to evaluate your muscle function before scheduling for additional Dysport.
Return for repeat treatments with Dysport every 3-5 months as needed when
muscle action returns and expression lines become visible again.
- Remain in an upright position for at least 3 hours following injection of Dysport.
- Do not do any exercise or heavy lifting for 3-24 hours after treatment.
- Do not wear any hats or headbands over the treated area for 3 hours after injection.
- Try not to touch your face for at least 4 hours in areas you had the Dysport for best results.
- Do not schedule any massages or facials for 24 hours after injection.
- No strenuous exercise for 24 hours after Dysport injections.
- Do not rub or touch the area where Dysport was injected for 3 hours.
Come back and see us in 2 weeks to recheck if this is your first time (or even repeat wrinkle destroyer session)! We want to hear from you if there is any issue or you have questions!