At Restoration Lab, we proudly offer Sculptra to our clients. Sculptra is an FDA-approved injectable that helps gradually replace lost collagen—the most common protein in the body that is used to form a framework to support cells and tissue—for results that can last up to two years.
As a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator, Sculptra helps restore the deep, underlying structure of the skin to diminish facial wrinkles. Sculptra works with your body within the deep dermis to help revitalize collagen production and help restore your skin’s inner structure and volume. As the Sculptra PLLA microparticles are absorbed, they help stimulate collagen production.
Rebuilt collagen strands begin gradually helping to restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds.
Sculptra may stimulate collagen growth which helps to restore facial volume and the look of fullness to wrinkles and folds over time.
Essentially, you look YOUNGER every year! This one is truly worth the wait…
Sculptra Pre-Procedure Instructions
- To minimize bruising avoid the following ~7 days prior to treatment:
- baby aspirin, Aleve, Motrin, multivitamins, vitamin E and D, fish oils.
- These are blood thinners and will cause you to bruise more easily.
- Note: DO NOT discontinue baby aspirin or any blood thinners prescribed by a physician before checking with THAT PHYSICIAN.
- Do not drink alcohol at least 24 hours prior to procedure (or 24 hours after injections).
- Do not use dermal fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your clinician if you have any questions about this prior to the procedure.
- Sunburned skin can sometimes be painful when treated. We always recommend using sunscreen to protect your skin, especially in our desert environment.
- If you are having an injection done to your lips, and are prone to cold sores, contact your clinician for advice on an antiviral therapy.
- Always inform your clinician of all medications you may be taking, as well as any changes in your medical history.
- Come with a clean washed face free of makeup or lotions.
Sculptra Post Procedure Instructions
After each treatment session with Sculptra Aesthetic there are a few easy things you will need to help with the treatment results.
Restoration Lab recommends printing this below instructions and have it accessible, so you remember to do these things every day:
- It is recommended to massage in a circular fashion the treated areas for 5 minutes, 5 times per day for 5 days following any injection session.
- Within the first 24 hours, an ice pack wrapped in cloth (avoiding any direct contact of the ice with the skin) should be applied to the treatment area to reduce swelling and bruising.
- Avoid Exposure of the treated area to sun and UV lamp exposure and extreme temperatures for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours.
- Wear SPF 50+ sunscreen appropriate sunscreen protection at all times.
- Treatment with Sculptra can result in small papules in the treated area. These subcutaneous papules are typically not visible and asymptomatic and may be noticed only upon pressing on the treatment area.
- Sculptra may cause redness, swelling, or bruising when first injected into the skin, typically resolving in hours to one week.
- Bruising may also occur, typically resolving in hours to about two weeks. Use the Arnica/Bromelain cream purchased at Restoration Lab to help speed up healing. If you notice bruising longer than 2 weeks contact us.
- The injector professional will assess the need for additional Sculptra injection sessions after at least four weeks.
Call the staff at Restoration Lab if you have any questions or concerns after treatment. Also, report any side effects to your doctor. Be sure to keep any follow-up appointments that may be scheduled.
Remember, Sculptra works by gradually replacing lost collagen. It provides improvements subtly without making it look like you’ve had work done.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled about every 4-6 weeks.
- Visible results may not be seen until 2-3 sessions have been completed.
- Results can last more than two years.