Intravenous (IV) Therapy
Intravenous therapy (IV) is a method of therapy that delivers fluids with important nutrients directly into the bloodstream through a vein. IV therapy is used to administer hydration, electrolytes, minerals, nutrients, and vitamins to patients quickly. It’s a therapy method that’s used not only to treat a wide array of health issues but also for beauty and overall fitness reasons too.
IV therapy provides a means of delivery that allows the body to get the most out of the nutrients administered. And it’s efficient.
Nutrients orally ingested first are processed and broken down by the digestive system. The problem with that method is that as much as 50% of the nutrients are lost in that process. When delivered by IV, up to 100% absorption may be possible. Nutrients, and hydration solutions are safely sent directly into the bloodstream for rapid maximum benefit.
Your body is made up of trillions of cells that must be nourished to thrive. Healthy, well-nourished cells help your body perform well.
Our nutritional IV treatments and booster shots are customized for your body’s cellular needs. Our cutting-edge formularies ensure that you receive the latest advancements in cellular health.
At Restoration Lab Med Spa, we offer multiple IV Therapy Solutions to address many needs. From hydration, to hangovers, to vitamin and mineral rejuvenation, come enjoy the benefits of IV Therapy offered at our location.
Pre-IV and Post-IV Information
What To Wear
- Please wear a shirt that can roll-up above your elbow to allow access to your arm.
Hydrate Before Your IV Treatment
- The more hydrated you are, the more easily accessible your veins are, making for a more comfortable treatment.
Have Some Food
- Some of the vitamins and minerals can have a temporary blood sugar, and blood pressure lowering effect, which can make you feel light headed during or after your IV if you haven’t eaten.
Have Enough Time
- Block out enough time to arrive and relax prior to your visit. This will make your experience more enjoyable and effective.
What To Expect During Your IV Treatment
- The IV can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 1⁄2 hours. (Plan on for at least 1 hour.)
- During your IV, you may experience coldness, stiffness, and sensation of tingling from your fingertips, up your arm and into your chest and sometimes you can have a metallic taste. These sensations are normal and to be expected and will resolve immediately following your IV.
- Let your RN know right away if you experience any discomfort during your treatment. We can keep you cozy and comfortable.
- The most common IV complication occurs when IV fluid leaks into surrounding tissues which is caused by dislodgment of the IV needle, most often by patient movement. Although this is a non-serious complication, it is important to keep your arm still during your treatment to prevent discomfort and delay your treatment.
- Many people enjoy an immediate feeling of relaxation during their treatment. Your IV should be an experience you enjoy every time, so please let us know what we can do to make your experience the most comfortable!
What To Expect After IV Treatment
- Many people experience an increase in energy, mental alertness and overall sense of wellbeing immediately following their IV treatment. You may require several IV treatments before you begin to experience a benefit.
- It is normal to experience mild fatigue, headache, nausea or light-headness following your IV treatment if you have chronic stress, illness, lack of sleep and poor eating habits. These lifestyle toxins can all contribute to nutrient depletion which can lead to a buildup of waste product inside the cell. The side effects are especially common after your first few IV treatments, as your body works to clear any stored metabolic waste products but get better with repeated treatments and improved health of your cells.
- You may continue with your daily activities, including exercise following your IV treatment. It is important to continue to stay hydrated and eat regular meals.
- Minor bruising of the IV site is common and should resolve within the week. If you experience redness, swelling or pain of your arm or at your injection site, please contact us right away.
- If you have any questions or concerns following your IV treatment, let us know!